Our life is flooded with full forms of all sorts. Some are that we create & some are internationally recognizable ones. Everyone knows about newspapers, isn’t it? But did you know it has a full form as well? NEWSPAPER stands for North East West South Past and Present Events/Everyday Report, pretty impressive.
In this article, we are going to talk about the BE full form. We will learn what BE stands for, what is BE all about, including its real-life whereabouts, applications, & everything related to it. Read this article till the end to get complete information about BE.
BE Full Form in Engineering
BE stands for Bachelor of Engineering (BE). It is a popular engineering degree program. It is a 4-year undergraduate engineering degree program. BE is recognized in many popular areas such as the United States of America, India, Malaysia, South Africa, & even Russia.
The length of the program depends from country to country, the program may be within 3 to 5 years according to compliance with the country’s education ministry.
BE is available in many fields such as computers, information technology, etc. If you are a student based in India & are willing to apply for BE, you have to pass your 12th standard. For Indian students, the 12th standard is to be passed from any recognizable government, private, school, or institute with the subjects physics, mathematics, & chemistry.
These 3 subjects are compulsory ones & are the mandatory requirements for any person to apply for BE. We will talk about eligibility for BE in the later section.
Eligibility Criteria & Applying Terms
Different countries have different eligibility criteria. If we talk about India as the majority of bachelors in engineering come from India solely, you are required to pass your 12th standard. As we mentioned earlier that apart from other optional subjects, physics, chemistry, & mathematics are the ones that are compulsory picks for successfully applying for BE.
If we talk about the percentage that universities consider when admitting students, it varies. Each university has its eligibility method which comprises percentages required for designated programs.
Compliance with those percentages allows the students to get a chance for an interview & admission test to pursue their courses. You can find the accurate eligibility criteria for different universities on their respective websites under the section of admission & eligibility.
What is the Difference Between BE & B.Tech
B.Tech is known as Bachelor of Technology & is a much more skill-oriented course with better practical applications. BE full form in engineering is Bachelor of Engineering which is more of a knowledge-based course with more theoretical learning.
A very simple differentiation between the two programs is that B.Tech produces technologists (also known as technicians), while BE produces Engineers. An engineer is the one who invents & a technologist is the one who innovates.
The similarity in both programs is that both give you an engineering degree & consist of mainly the same course matter. However, the studying methods vary as a BE course deals more with the engineering aspects of science while B.Tech deals with the technical aspects.
BE Degrees to Choose From
You have the freedom to choose a BE degree from any of the below-listed branches according to your interests & likes.
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Automotive Engineering etc.
- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Information Technology
- Textile Engineering
All these courses most probably last for 4 years in India. The duration of the program may vary from country to country as discussed earlier.
Popular BE Entrance Exams in India
These are some mostly recognizable entrance tests based in India.
- Common Entrance Test (CET), Punjab University, Chandigarh
- Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (BCECE)
- Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Examination (IIT-JEE)
- Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination (UPSEE)
- Goa Common Entrance Test (GCET)
- Gujarat Common Entrance Test (GUJCET)
- Delhi University Combined Entrance Examination (DUCEE)
- All India Engineering/Pharmacy/Architecture Entrance Examination (AIEEE)
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)
- Rajasthan Pre Engineering Test (REPT)
Popular BE Institutes/Universities/Colleges in India
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad
- Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati
- Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
- Army Institute of Technology, Pune
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
- Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (Mumbai)
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University College of Engineering, Pune
- Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati
- Indian Institute of Technology, Varanasi
- Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
- Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad
Some Final Words about BE Full Form
That’s all the relevant details about the BE full form & everything you will need to apply for it. Comment down below your views about this article.
Read more interesting articles at Global Blogging