Vigna radiata bean is generally known as the mung bean. It is a kind of pulse, comes from the plant. It is commonly used as an ingredient in sweet and salty or spicy dishes, natively found in South America and frequently cultivated in China, India and South East Asia. People of Southeast Asia call it a “moong dal” or “green gram mash” ; many of them consume it as a whole dish.
These beans have a large number of nutrients in them which have impressive health benefits. Vigna beans have plenty of vitamins and minerals.
They have a balanced amount of nutrients available including proteins, vitamins, minerals, and other enzymes which are core requirements of a healthy diet.
Benefits of Vigna beans:
1. Reduce High Blood Pressure:
It helps in reducing high blood pressure. It works as a shield against cardiovascular diseases.
2. Eliminate the Risk of Cancer:
It has anti-tumor properties which stop the development of dangerous cancer cells.
3. Helps in Controlling Type 2 Diabetes:
It aids in the prevention of type 2 diabetes because it holds an anti-diabetic effect.
4. Improvement in Glucose Levels:
It helps in improving glucose levels.
5. Maintain Cholesterol Levels:
It helps in the maintenance of cholesterol levels and reduces bad cholesterol levels because it cleanses arteries.
6. Increase Immunity:
It also aids in boosting immunity.
7. Burns Fats:
For obese individuals, these beans are also helpful in losing weight.
8. Control PMS Issues
Beneficial in controlling PMS cramps, headaches, muscle pain, fatigue, and mood swings.
9. Detoxify Your Body:
It also helps to detoxify the body because they are rich in fiber which helps in the process of digestion.
These beans are full of nutrients. It contains:
- 4g of fiber
- 212 calories
- 8 carbs
- 4mg of sodium
- 4g of sugar
- 2 g of Protein
Generally, it is a rich source of protein, an outstanding source of copper
How Can It Be Consumed?
Different individuals consume it in different ways because of the diversity in their lifestyles. Some take it as a whole, some consume it as in snacks, porridge, soup, bread, noodles, and ice cream.
While few use it in the making of processed food for example starch noodles. Jellies are also made by extracting its starch. There are numerous companies that are Vigna beans manufacturers. They plant Vigna beans in huge amounts for supply purposes.
Quantity to Eat:
- Vigna beans are rich in nutrients but they do not contain all the necessary nutrients which the human body needs for a healthy diet.
- Take a smart amount of these beans for daily consumption.
- Do not excessively consume as it will lead to diarrhea because it contains a rich amount of fiber.
Side Effects of Excessive Intake of Vigna Beans:
- Vigna beans are beneficial for health no doubt. But as you know the excess amount of intake of anything can be injurious to health.
- In case you take an excessive amount of Vigna beans in your diet, you will be likely to get various problems like stomach ache, dizziness, gastric problem, and diarrhea.
- People having weak immunity must not consume raw sprouts, also dangerous for pregnant women and kids.
- You might also experience pain in your back and swelling in your gums.
Vigna beans are a huge basis of protein and also a good source of vitamins and minerals. Consuming a good amount of protein is really very beneficial for your health and helps in maintaining your health and keeping it away from various diseases.
These beans can be easily cooked. People cook them according to their tradition, culture, and the custom of the place where they live.