On many occasions, HP printers suddenly stop functioning and display an error message that states HP printer in an error condition. If you encounter an error like this the first thing to do is to determine whether the photocopier functions functioning properly or not. If it’s working, then there is a problem with the software and drivers. We look at How to repair the problem with an HP Printer that’s not working in Windows 10. Restarting the printer unit, as well as the PC system, can be the most important remedy to the “Printer is in an error state HP” issue.
Users can switch off the printer, and then close their computer systems. Take a couple of seconds before turning back on the devices. When the device is recycled, customers can look over the printer to determine the error. If the error persists the following article will assist in solving the HP printer error state issue.
Tips To Fix HP Printer In Error State Windows 10:
The following troubleshooting suggestions may help resolve the HP printer that is in error Windows 10.
Check cable connections:
In general, users experience an error-related printer issue if the printer and computer are not able to communicate. It is important to determine whether both devices are connected. Make sure to connect both devices through a different USB cable. Examine whether you can tell if the USB cable has been damaged, and replace it if it’s damaged.
The users who use the network printer may check whether the printer and the computer system are on the same network. Both devices need to be connected to the same network to establish connections.
Change port settings:
Users can follow the instructions below to modify the settings for their ports.
- Start the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows+ R keys on the keyboard.
- Enter devmgmt.msc into the text box and press enter.
- It will open it to launch the Device Manager. Click View and then Show hidden devices on the menu bar on the top.
- Right-click on the ports (COM and LPT) and then select Properties by clicking the Context menu.
- In the Properties window click on the tab for port settings.
- Choose to Use an interrupt that is assigned to the port selection.
- Select the check box that says Enable the legacy plug and Play detection and hit the OK button.
- Restart the device on your computer Check the printer for printer In error HP issue.
Check printer spooler services:
Users can set the start-up type of the printer’s spooler to automatic to solve the issue with their printer. Follow these steps to examine the services of the printer spooler.
- Press the Windows + R keys on the keys to launch the Run Box.
- In the text box, type Services.msc into the text box, then press the OK button.
- Look for Spooler for Printer Spooler in the list of services.
- Make sure you have the Printer Spooler service is set to start.
- Select the Printer Spooler on the service list, and then select the option Properties.
- Click on the General tab of the Properties window.
- Automatically Configure the Startup type.
- Click the OK and Apply buttons respectively to save the Settings.
- Reboot your computer and then check your HP printer for errors.
Check if your printer is online:
HP users may receive the printer showing an error message when it is offline. HP printer is not online. Users can manually bring the printer up online to fix an error. These steps will help users set printers manually to an online mode.
- Click the Start icon in Windows 10.
- Open Control Panel.
- Visit the Devices and Printers.
- Look for your HP printer within the available devices.
- Examine the condition for the status of your HP printer.
- If the printer is not working, then you can right-click it and choose the option to print online.
- If the printer has been connected then it displays the status as Ready the printer.
Download and Install HP printer driver software:
A corrupted and outdated printer driver frequently causes printer issues. Users can remove the current drivers from their computers and then download the most recent driver for their printer from the official website. Below are the steps needed to accomplish the same.
- Click Start and then open Control Panel. Control Panel.
- Choose Programs and Features.
- Select the Right-click option on HP printer applications and select Uninstall.
- Navigate to Devices and Printers from the Control Panel screen.
- Click on the HP printer, and then select the “Remove Device” option or the Delete option.
- Launch the Run window in Windows 10.
- Enter printui.exe into the text box, then press Enter.
- Visit the drivers labeled tab. Click on right-click to select the HP driver for printing and choose the option to delete it by clicking on the menu context.
- Click OK to confirm the selection.
- Restart your computer.
- Visit the HP official site.
- Visit Support> Software and Drivers.
- Enter your HP Model number of the printer, and download the correct driver for your computer. Users must have an internet connection to download drivers for printers.
- Install the printer driver.
- Connect your HP printer and verify that it’s working.
Check Windows 10 for an update:
It’s recommended to look for Windows 10 updates regularly. It can also help to fix printer issues. Users must have an active internet connection to update Windows 10. The steps needed to Update Windows 10 OS are provided here.
- Click Start and then Settings.
- Choose an Update and Security choice.
- Select the Windows option from the Right side.
- Hit the Check for Updates button.
- It takes about a few minutes to complete Windows Update.
- After the process is completed, you can restart your computer.
We hope that our troubleshooting tips can help you resolve the HP printer with error status Windows 10 issues. Customers can connect with us with any questions.