Summary: If you are looking for a solution to transfer mail from Outlook to Thunderbird. Or if you want to export Outlook to Thunderbird. Then, this article will help you to import emails from Outlook to Mozilla thunderbird. Whatever issue you are facing while importing emails, here it will resolve easily. We will be providing the best solutions to complete the asked query in a quick manner.
However, both the email client that is Microsoft Outlook and Mozilla thunderbird as very popular. But still at times, due to various reasons, it becomes necessary to export emails from Outlook to Thunderbird.
Read More : How to Save Outlook Address Book to Excel Spreadsheet?
Although the data transfer process usually happens when you decide to quit the Outlook application usage. And want to start working with the Mozilla Thunderbird application. So, whatever the case is, here you will see all the solutions to complete this data export process.
How to Import Mail From Outlook to Thunderbird?
There are two approaches available to transfer mail from Outlook to Thunderbird application. These two best approaches are-
- Traditional Approach
- Automated & Quick Approach
Traditionally Export Outlook to Thunderbird
You can use this traditional method when you want to transfer emails from Outlook to Mozilla Thunderbird on the same system –
- First of all, press the Start button on the Windows computer
- Now, search for Default Apps. By choosing it, the Settings window will open. Here, it will ask you to Choose the Default Apps
- Then, tap on the Mail option among all, and a dialog box will appear with different email clients. So, choose the Outlook (Desktop) as your default program
- As of now, you have the default Outlook email client on the system. Now, you can proceed with opening the Mozilla Thunderbird application. Once you configure your account here, go to the Tool > Import to import mail from Outlook to Thunderbird
- Afterwards, from the Import wizard, select the Mail option and hit the Next radio button to proceed
- In the next step, choose the Outlook application option and again tap on the Next button
- It will import your Microsoft Outlook account emails and end this by clicking on the Finish button. If you want to import any other item of the MS Outlook into Mozilla Thunderbird then repeat the same process.
Quick Way to Transfer Mail From Outlook to Thunderbird
In the above approach, you were only able to import Outlook to Thunderbird when you had both email clients in the same system. But what if you don’t have them on the same desktop? Or what if you only have a PST file that you want to transfer into Thunderbird? Kind of a frustrating situation no?
But no need to worry. As we are here with a professional and smart solution. So, we have come up with the quickest solution which is SYSDaddy PST to MBOX Converter Wizard. With the help of this program, you can easily export Outlook emails to Thunderbird.
All you have to put the file into the software and you’re done. The application will perform all the steps automatically and you will get the result in a few simple steps.
This automated wizard support to export Microsoft Outlook PST data file to the Mozilla Thunderbird-supported MBOX format. Once you transfer the file into MBOX file format, you can import it into the Thunderbird account.
Steps to Import MS Outlook Data File to MBOX
First of all, launch the tool and follow the steps as mentioned below –
- Click on the Add File to proceed with adding the PST file
- Then, preview all the required emails in the software
- Now, select the MBOX format to export Outlook to Thunderbird account
- Lastly, tap on the Export button to finish the process to transfer the Outlook data file into MBOX.
As a result, you will have an MBOX file on your desktop. So, it is up to you, whether you want to import in the thunderbird of the same desktop. Or you want to transfer this file into another system.
The process of transferring emails from Microsoft Outlook to Mozilla Thunderbird is not a tough task to do. Here, we have shared the possible solutions to export Outlook to Thunderbird account. Though the manual approach maybe not provide accurate results. That’s why it is recommended to use the automated software as mentioned above. This is the most suitable one to perform this task. Moreover, it will help you with accurate results with full security and it doesn’t even hamper your data integrity.