Forgot your iPhone passcode? Recover it with a phone repair store
Your phone is an essential part of your life and we used to set passwords to secure the data. But what if you forgot your passcode? Is it that easy to recover?
Yes, you can reset your passcode using different methods. A few common options to recover your passcodes are using iTunes, iCloud, and the recovery mode. Keep a simple password that you can remember easily. Trying this method, you can recover your data only when you have previously made a backup; otherwise, you will lose it. If you are the one got a problem, and it’s not going away. You’ve forgotten your iPhone passcode, and now you can’t access the device. Here are some ways to get around this situation:
Did you forget your passcode?
There are several reasons that you forgot your password. Maybe you didn’t use your iphone for a long time, or you forgot the password. There is no need to worry. This happened to most of us. Unfortunately, now you have limited options. Six incorrect passcode attempts will disable the phone. After receiving the “Disabled” message, all you can do is clear the data and erase the iPhone. However, there is a piece of good news for you. You can easily reset your passcode if you know the right way.
If you’re looking for a way to unlock your iPhone without resetting your passcode, look no further. Just follow these steps and you’ll be back in business in no time:
- Connect iPhone to a computer using a USB cord or a lightning cable and open iTunes app on Mac/Windows PC
- Choose the “Restore from Backup” option from the main screen of the iTunes software program by pressing the ‘Restore Backup’ button at the window’s top left corner.
Clear a few facts before unlocking your iPhone
Here are a few facts you should consider before choosing any option for backup.
- Don’t enter the wrong password multiple times. As a result, it will take a long to recover the passcode.
- Custom security is Apple’s top priority. With iOS’ military-grade encryption, no one can access your iPhone without knowing your screen passcode. Resetting your iPhone is the only way to get into it. Therefore, it is recommended to create a backup, so your data is back.
Choose the following options to reset your password.
You can use iTunes backup to recover the password of your iPhone. This option will help you to reset your device’s passcode easily.
You can recover your iPhone’s passcode in different ways.
- The first option is to use iTunes to back up the phone and restore it. In this case, all data will be lost unless you also have a backup on iCloud or via Recovery Mode.
- Another option is to use iCloud backup in addition to Recovery Mode. This way, you still have access to your data if something happens on the device that causes you not to be able to enter into Recovery Mode anymore.
- A third option is to try recovery mode, but this method will erase all your data.
Use the iTunes backup option to recover your passcode.
First, connect your iPhone to a computer and create a backup using iTunes. Then, restore your device from that backup file on its new Mac computer. Once done, go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings option on your phone and select the “Erase iPhone” button to delete all data stored in it successfully without affecting any third-party applications such as Facebook Messenger or WhatsApp Messenger apps installed in it previously by users themselves at some point of time during usage which could cause trouble later when they want
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Open iTunes and select the device in the window’s top-left corner; enter your iTunes contact information to get access.
- Then click on ‘backup’ to start backing up your iPhone data.
- If you do not see an option called “encrypt the backup,” open up iTunes Preferences, navigate through Advanced > Encrypt Backup, and ensure this box is checked.
- Check your settings once the restore is complete to ensure everything is set up correctly.
- This method will work for you only If you have backed up your iPhone data and synced it with your computer.
2. Recover your password by choosing the iCloud backup option
iCloud backup is a default choice when you decide to encrypt your iPhone. If you have selected this option, recovering a password via iCloud backup is quite simple.
- Connect your iPhone to a Wi-Fi network and log into your iCloud account on your computer.
- Enter your login information in iCloud.
- Choose “Find iPhone” from the options.
- Or choose “Settings” from the home screen of your device to open its settings menu, then go to the “General” option under the Settings section, scroll down and tap on the “Reset” option.
- This option is located at the bottom of the page and then choose “Erase all content and settings.”
- This configuration makes your device look like a new one.
- Following the initial setup, you must restore your iCloud backup data and settings.
- If you make regular backups, now iPhone will restore to its previous state.
3. Try recovery mode to erase data
Try recovery mode if you have tried all other methods and can’t get past the passcode screen. Recovery mode is a last resort, but it will erase all data on your iPhone.
To use recovery mode, follow these steps:
- Power down your device by holding down the power button for a few seconds until the Apple logo appears, then let go of it.
- Press and hold the Home + Power buttons simultaneously until the screen turns black with an Apple logo in the center of the screen.
- Release both buttons when the screen turns black.
- After about 10 seconds or so, you should see a small battery icon with an arrow pointing downwards on the upper left corner of your screen.
- Without a backup, you’ll need to start from scratch.
Recover your passcode via Apple’s support page
If you can’t repair the passcode by trying the method mentioned above, you can also visit the apple store page for more information.
- Go to Apple’s support page and choose the iPhone you want to unlock.
- Select “Reset your password.”
- Enter your phone number when registering the device, then enter your Apple ID and password.
- Reboot your phone and enter your new password!
Get assistance from cell phone repair stores to reset your passcode
Cell phone repair stores are famous for their services. These stores can help you to reset your passcode and recover the forgotten passcode of your iPhone.
Additionally, cell phone repair shops in Toronto, like Fix Point, provide various services such as repairing or replacing broken phones or fixing cracked screens, charging ports and camera lenses. They also fix water damage issues and other technical problems. Locked iPhones are difficult to crack, but in this article, you can find the easiest ways to recover your passcodes. However, your passcode should be easy to remember while still being hard to figure out.
Did you enter the wrong passcode too many times?
If you’ve entered the wrong passcode more than five times, your iPhone will lock and ask for your Apple ID and password. There are two other options:
- You can reset your password by entering the wrong passcode more than five times – this will put your iPhone in recovery mode and require a manual restore through iTunes or iCloud (if backed up)
- Use Find My iPhone to erase all data from your device.
Can Apple restore my iPhone if I have forgotten the passcode?
Well, it depends upon the situation. If you have backed up your iPhone to iCloud or iTunes, then there is a chance that Apple can restore your phone and help you retrieve the passcode and go to the iphone and cell phone repair stores..
Read more interesting articles at globalblogging