Desert Safari Dubai Heritage Tour
Heritage Safari in the Dubai Desert
It’s time to go on the best desert safari in Dubai. In the 1950s, Dubai was a very different place than it is now. You can take a trip through the Dubai desert with a professional Conservation Guide.
Because this isn’t like any other Dubai Desert Safari, we will take you on an exciting wildlife drive in 1950-style Land Rovers. These Series 1 and 2 Land Rovers, being the first vehicles to be utilised in the Dubai desert, have become a symbol of Dubai’s history and exploration of new lands.
In the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve, you can see native animals like the Arabian Oryx. You can also stop at a Ghaf tree forest in the dunes for the best desert photos, which you can take there. Please look at the desert ecosystem and find out how the Bedouin lived in harmony with the desert animals and plants and how they lived in the desert together.
A professional Falconer leads a spectacular falcon show, and you get to see these beautiful birds in full flight. Learn about how falcons were trained in the past and how the Bedouin used them for hunting. Watch the sunset over the sand dunes against the backdrop of the Arabian sky.
You’ll then arrive at an authentic Bedouin camp softly lit with traditional lamps and tucked into a desert oasis. Live demonstrations show you how to make Arabic coffee and bread and henna art, camel rides, and classic shows. You can eat a four-course meal under the stars, then relax in our Arabic Majlis area. You can also try some shisha (Hubbly bubbly) if you want to.
People in Dubai are going on a Desert Safari that’s never been done before. History comes to life!
- A Driver from travel agency will pick you up from your hotel in Dubai between 2:30 and 4:30.
- To get your Adventure Pack and put on your Sheila/Ghutra when you arrive at the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve, you must first go there (traditional headscarf).
- When you drive through the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve in a vintage Land Rover with an open-top, you’ll see a lot of wildlife.
- Enjoy a series of pictures of falcons on sand dunes!
- To arrive at an authentic Bedouin camp, you’ll need a torch.
- Enjoy traditional henna tattoos, live bread-making, Arabic coffee-making, camel rides, and the smell of shisha pipes while you’re there.
- It’s important to note that because of Covid regulations set by the UAE government, some of the activities on this itinerary may not be possible.
- This is what you get when you eat dinner: soup or salad, an appetizer, a main course, and dessert. View the Menu
- Take in Emirati cultural entertainment, like drumming and Yola, while there.
- Depending on the season/sunset, it would help if you were back at the hotel between 9:30 pm and 11:30 pm (depending on the season/sunset).
- Also Read: https://globalblogging.com/travel-tips-in-flight-sleeping-tips-for-travellers-in-2022/
Things to Consider:
- Around 7 hours duration of the trip from the afternoon into the evening.
- Hotel pickup from Dubai area in shared air conditioned car.
- According to the season and the sun setting, pick-up time is between 2:30 and 4:30 pm. We’ll let you know that morning when we’ll pick you up. You will return to the hotel between 9:30 and 11:30 pm.
- In addition, each booking comes with a souvenir bag, a stainless steel water bottle for each guest, and a Sheila/Ghutri headscarf for each guest to wear and take home. These items are included in the Adventure Pack.
- People who go to Dubai should wear a hat, sunglasses, sun cream, and cool clothes because it is hot there. You should bring something warm to wear when it’s cold outside in the winter (December to February).
- Dinner has soup, salad, an appetizer, the main course, and a piece of cake or ice cream. We also serve vegetarian, vegan, kosher, and gluten-free food.
- People can go to the toilet in the desert and in the camp.
- Conservation Guides who have a lot of experience with ecotourism, cultural heritage, history, and the natural environment of Dubai are in charge of your Desert Safari.
- Some of the money you pay for your Desert Safari goes to help protect the environment in Dubai.
What you should keep in mind:
- We do not take guests from private homes in Dubai unless you book a private car with us. People who live on their own can have us pick them up from the nearest hotel.
- Under the age of 12 years old, children will be charged the kid rate.
- If you are travelling with children under 5, you must book a private car.
- To ensure you don’t feel crowded, we keep the number of people in our very spacious camps to 75-100.
- You must book this online at least three hours in advance Alternatively you can call our office and inquire about last minute reservations.
- Pregnant guests in their third trimester should not go on the wildlife drive.
- Our camel ride is at our camp at night. This is for the safety of both the camels and our guests. These are short rides in a well-lit area. See our Camel Desert Safari if you want to go on more camel rides for a while.
- Some cars can accommodate 10 people.
- If you want to book a private car, only choose how many cars you want.
- As soon as possible, you will get an email or text message with the exact pick-up time and location.