Frameworks for mobile app development serve as a base for systematically creating your code. Many developers use frameworks to improve the performance and efficiency of their development tasks. Framework lessens the time-consuming process of developing a mobile application and there are several frameworks available for the same. However, choosing the ideal framework for mobile apps is a difficult task.
Moreover, Cross-platform app development frameworks are in high demand. The primary reason for this rising demand is that cross-platform applications have a greater scope than native apps, allowing businesses to reach a larger number of people, making it a ‘one-of-a-kind technology.’
Let us now compare a few most famous cross-platform frameworks and help you decide the best app for your project:
This mobile app development comprises a software development kit (SDK) and a widget-based user interface (UI) framework. Even though this cross-platform framework is new, more organizations are adopting it because Flutter boosts productivity. Moreover, using the same codebase both for iOS and Android saves labor and time. Flutter’s native widgets help save testing time because there are few to no compatibility concerns. The framework is simple to learn. It enables developers to create native apps without writing a lot of code. As a result, it simplifies mobile app development.
Advantages of Flutter
- It is simple to use: Flutter is easy to learn as compared to all the programming languages for creating an app for both Android and iOS. Moreover, post-development period, you’ll have a product that can be launched on both platforms using a single code base.
- Awesome SDK tools: when you develop your app with Flutter, you will get an amazing set of tools to work with. Furthermore, the built-in hot reload functionality enables you to monitor changes in your program without recompiling it.
- It is much more than a mobile solution: As per Google, Flutter can now support desktop, embedded, mobile, and web apps from the same codebase.
Disadvantages of Flutter
- Large file sizes:Flutter apps are bigger than native versions due to their built-in widgets. Since consumers’ devices have limited memory, therefore you must always remember this aspect while using Flutter for app development.
- Problems with iOS: Google created the Flutter framework. Hence, developers are concerned about its iOS implementation. Building Android apps using Flutter is fast and interesting since Google directly addresses the issues in a short time.
Advantages of React Native
- A community-driven framework: There are several benefits in using a community-driven environment, like the availability of a large team of JS and native developers. They are even eager to contribute their knowledge and skills, as well as vast catalogs of freely accessible components.
- Maximum code reusability and cost savings: With React Native you can reuse the same code for iOS and Android deployment. This reduces development time and expense in mobile app development.
- Stronger Performance: React Native’s architecture is perfectly suited for mobile devices. It employs the GPU (Graphics Processing Unit), whereas native systems depend more on the CPU (Central Processing Unit).
Disadvantages of React Native
- Beta Product: Despite being utilized by major technology companies, React Native is still in beta. Therefore it’s not unusual for developers to find bugs and problems while using it.
Ionic is a free and open-source mobile application framework built on Angular and Apache Cordova. This framework allows developers to create cross-platform mobile apps for three distinct platforms: Android, iOS, and Windows. Ionic-built mobile applications are powerful and have rich-featured native applications with smooth app performance. Moreover, it is the best choice for business owners who want interactive, high-performance hybrid/cross-platform mobile applications and progressive online applications.
Advantages of Ionic
- Its Developer friendly: Ionic allows web developers to create apps. Although developers easily design customized apps, using Ionic’s framework is easier and less time-consuming than starting everything from scratch.
- It supports various technologies: Starting with Ionic 4, you can create mobile apps with any frontend framework you want.
Disadvantages of Ionic
- It’s not suitable for large applications: Unfortunately, employing WebView for big apps can result in degraded performance of the mobile app.
- Lack of support for native plugins: Some native plugins are unstable and might cause conflicts. Or they might be absent, which leads you to start from scratch for the development process.
After comparing the above three Mobile App development platforms we came to the following assumptions:
It is recommended that you should use Flutter for your MVP (Minimum Viable Product). Furthermore, it has hundreds of built-in widgets to help your apps appear great across all platforms. It also helps you to create the app quickly because of its excellent SDK. These SDK includes cutting-edge features such as hot-reloading.
Choosing the correct cross-platform app framework is essential since it will be important in growing the user base for your product. We are a top mobile app development company in Kolkata, India, experienced in cross-platform application to assist you with your project. Thus, you can contact us for mobile app development for your business.